Followers

Followers

Wednesday 22 January 2014

Winter Blues at Midweek magnolias and Anything goes at Divas

Hello to all of my friends out there in blogland!
Well, we have been keeping busy here with some decorating at home. I have a few crafty bits I am making for my son's room which I am hoping to show you in due course, along with the finished room hopefully!
But for now it's another challenge at Midweek Magnolias which is the theme of WINTER BLUES (Use Blue as your main colour) and a super easy ANYTHING GOES challenge over at Divas by Design today.
For this I have chosen to make a little lunch pack (altered gift bag)
My papers are Authentique with my flowers coming from WOC, butterflies from Little snippets and my cute peg is prima.
Now I did something a little different with my image today (I am not good with change!) I chose to colour from dark to light (so did all the dark shadows first) whereas I normally colour from light to dark. I am not totally sure to be honest. I don't think it turned out all that bad for a first attempt but I'm not sure if I went a bit heavy on the black! Tilda is of course coloured with prisma pencils and I have edged the image in a stempelglede stamp in stormy sky DI.
I don't know if I'm going to continue to practice this technique or continue as I was! I would love to have a crack with some markers one day but I simply can't afford those right now! Anyway folks do check out both the challenges above there are some stunning prizes to be won from Magnolia in Sweden and Crafty Devils so come and play along!
Thanks so much for coming by my blog again!
Big hugs

16 comments:

Sue said...

Wow fabulous gift bag.Your colouring is lovely,I have almost stopped using my markers.Some have run out and I am not buying any more.
Hugs xx

Pop's Cards said...

Good morning sweetie, this is gorgeous, a gorgeous creation huggles Pops x x x

Loopylou. said...

ooooh rebekah this is gorgeous hunny! I love it! her dress looks amazing and I love that dinky peg!
huge hugs Lou xxx

Wendy said...

Absolutely gorgeous Rebekah and your colouring looks stunning as always.
Hugs
Wendy xx

Sandra H said...

So beautiful is your card and what a lovely image and layout x

vilinke said...

The coloring is amazing love the colours u pickt and the flowers... beautiful
LP Vilinke

Sue B said...

Oh Wow! this is gorgeous Rebekah… such a sweet Tilda image and your colouring is really beautiful… I love the colours and textures… the embellishments are stunning!
Hugs Sue B xx

DesignerDiva said...

Well this must be the poshest lunch bag I've ever seen!! How fabulous would it have been to take one of these to school when I was a kid lol
Love your new style of colouring, I can't believe how different it looks and of course all your details are as fantastic as ever!!
Hugs Laurie xx

Unknown said...

Hi Rebekah, oh wow! Another stunning creation - love you colour choices and embellies.

Fabulous colouring as well - I think you can tell you've gone Dark to Light, and it gives your image a real depth. Don't give up on it just yet, give yourself a couple more goes and you might decide you prefer colouring that way.

I'm currently mid change for colouring medium. After using ProMarkers for a long time I'm swapping to Copics - I've found I prefer the colours and the nib on the pen. Still it's another learning curve!

Cheerio
Sarah

Janice said...

Just brilliant, to good for sarnies! Brilliant colouring and if I could colour like that, I wouldn't be looking to change. Lovely work Rebekah, Jx

Camellia Cards said...

Hi Berry

Agree with Janice far too good for sarnies!!!

The colouring is fab hunny as always and it does give real depth. I don't think your black is too much. I was watching Nicky Hall using Graph'It markers doing the same yesterday dark to light and I think I will try it that way for a change as I am a light to dark person normally too.

It looks stunning as always hun tbh. Maybe I need to try a few gift bags to match cards, now that'd be an idea...mmmmmm

Thanks for the inspiration and ideas. xx Hugz Clare xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

This looks wonderful Rebekah. Your colouring is always fabulous so I wouldn't bother with the marker when you can colour like this with pencils! Susan x

Sarah - Crea S said...

Just stunning! Hugs,
http://littlecreass.blogspot.be/

Unknown said...

Rebekah, your colouring is amazing. I have left my Promarkers & am using my Prismas all the time now, I love them. The defintion on this image is fab. Love it ! x

coops said...

so gorgeous rebekah.stunning sweet tilda and details and your colouring is beautiful :D


xx coops xx

mags said...

A gorgeous creation Rebekah and embellished beautifully.
Mags
x