Followers

Followers

Thursday 17 June 2010

Cake number 2 and communion card

Hi everyone! So sorry for the late post it has been a busy old day! I would like to post a card though that I have made for my daughter's friend who is taking her first holy communion this sunday. Apologies for having to use the flash in the photo! I didn't follow any sketch or really have any challenges in mind when making this card but it does fit quite well into papertake weeklys challenge of ice cream flavours (strawberry an vanilla!)


I have used this beautiful Whiff of joy stamp I got over at simon says stamp coloured with prismas and sparkles. My paper is pink petticoat and k&co, lace from stash, flowers from wild orchid crafts and sentiment computer printed, everything distressed with antique linen.


This is cake number 2, which I hope they like! You really cannot imagine how hard it is to roll fondant onto a ball shaped cake! It's not brilliant but I managed to hide most of the really bad bits lol! He is a footie fan so this seemed appropriate!


Hiolette's birthday was a success and she loved the cake! I don't think I want to look at another cake now for atleast a month lol!


Lastly I did say I had some more news, well my lovely friend and fellow creative cottage DT member Linda is opening up her own shop, what a fabulous Venture! It's a summer house within Bay tree farm garden centre,A120/Coggeshall Road, Stisted, Braintree, Essex. At the moment she is just starting out and would appreciate anyone local to her popping down and taking a look but she will be doing mail order purchases. She officially opens this weekend wow! Here is a piccy of the store in progress!


What has this all got to do with me? Well Linda has put together a design team to make cards to showcase the products she has on offer and she has very generously asked me to be on it woo hoo! So watch this space for future creations with Lindas products!
Thanks loads again for coming by to pay me a visit, take care everyone, hugs Rebekah x

5 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

I love the sweet card Rebekah, such pretty colours and great layout. I am sure your daughter's friend will love it.
Looks like the cake was a huge success the footie one looks scrumptious. You have been busy.
Have a good weekend. Luv Brenda xxx

Carol said...

WOW Rebekah what a talented lady you are and a busy one too lol! Your card is just gorgeous and I luv the image and your dps. The footie cake is sure to go down well, it looks brilliant. The little girl's cake also looks so beautiful. Lotsa luv xxxx

pinky said...

Love the communion card, never thought of using that image. Your cakes are absolutely brilliant Rebekah! Well done on getting on that dt, the shop looks gorgeous.
Pinky

Clare Arnold said...

Great cards and I love the football cake Rebekah. We made a footie cake for Ben once and used a hexaganol scone cutter to cut the icing and laid it on the cake like jigsaw pieces

Lisa Jane said...

Hi Rebekah... wowee i donlt know where to start.? well done for the DT , more fab creations to lok forward to.
The card isso sweet , she will love it.. and the cake ..well.. a masterpeace. I am still trying to figure out how you did get the icing round the ball!!
WEll done
Lisa ;)